We have had a busy month. We installed:
- a new ScanStrut Radar mast, replacing the 25 year old Questus backstay Radar mount. It incorporates a small removable crane for lifting the outboard to and fro from the dinghy to the pushpit.
- a new Raymarine i50 speed/log, replacing the old ST40 instrument which wore out after 17 years.
- A new jib furler … a Profurl C320 offshore furler. Replacing the 30+ year old Harken MK1 unit 1, (which was working fine at the time of its removal). We do due diligence when it comes to safety …. replace it before it breaks. This new furler is a significant step up in reliability.
- New forestay and backstay, completing an entire standing rigging replacement that began in the summer of 2017.
- New main halyard and topping lift.
- A gearbox cooler, to extend the life of the transmission.
- A new waterlock/muffler.
Launching in a few days and off on a shakedown trip.