All about Michaela, our training vessel
Our sailboat, ‘Michaela’, is a Swedish built Hallberg-Rassy 35 ft. center cockpit cruising sloop. She is specifically designed for dry, comfortable coastal and offshore cruising. She is fast, responsive and goes well to windward. She is a very luxurious vessel with comfortable accommodations. She has been approved by Transport Canada as a passenger vessel for Near Coastal II voyages. Note the permanent windscreen and the large deck space for working. The cockpit can be completely enclosed in inclement weather.
Length 35′, Beam 10′, 11.38 gross tons
Comfortable accommodation is built into ‘Michaela’. The main saloon is shown here, showing the beautiful mahogany woodwork and luxurious accommodation. Note the bright airy cabin and the lovely brass oil lamps. The settee converts to a comfortable double berth. There is lots of storage. The entire boat is heated with a hot-air furnace, for comfort on those infrequent ‘less than perfect’ days.
The helm is well protected in the large cockpit by a permanent windshield. Windows in the roof of the dodger let you see sail trim. Instruments are near to hand.
- Engine Volvo D1-30, 29 hp diesel; cruising range under power – 700 NM, Top speed 7.2 knots, cruising speed 6.0 knots
- Aquadrive coupler
- 3 blade Campbell Sailer prop.
- high output alternator with split electrical system; AC inverter, LED cabin and running lights
- 6 person life raft (ISO9650-1 offshore certified), jacklines, tethers, 7 inflatable PFD’s with lights, throwable, inflatable MOB pole
- Iridium 9555 Satellite Phone
- Rocna and Danforth anchors, electric anchor windlass, lifelines and stanchions, 2 boarding ladders
- smoke detectors, CO monitors, fire blanket
- 2 bilge pumps, fire monitoring system
- Washdown Pump
- Main (new) , genoa, working jib, storm jib, serviced annually
- Hydraulic steering
- New standing rigging
- Raymarine eS75 Plotter/GPS, Quantum Radar, VHF/DSC radio, AIS Class B transponder
- 2 compasses, sounder, speed/distance log, automatic fog horn
- iPad nav. apps
- Raymarine hydraulic autopilot
- FM Radio, CD player
- Iridium Satellite tracking device
- Seabright inflatable dinghy with outboard, in davits
- Permanent spray dodger
- Cockpit enclosure
- hot air furnace – 4 outlets
- Pressure hot water
- 280 l fresh water
“She is one mighty fine vessel!”