Terms and Conditions.
- This contract is between Navathome and you, the student.
- Any disputes will be under English Law.
- Payments for course fees are due, in full, at the time of enrolment.
- Payment can be made online with our on-line invoicing or by cheque in Canadian dollars.
- In the case of payment by cheque we reserve the right to allow the cheque to clear before dispatching your student pack.
- Once payment has been made and confirmed students will be sent the student pack and be supplied with the log in information to access the online course.
- The student pack will be sent on the next working day and delivery is included in the course price.
- There is an extendable access period of 6 months set for the course. An admin fee of $65 is charged for each time the course is extended. If the access lapses it can still be extended anytime within a period of 3 years from the date the access period lapsed. If a course remains dormant for more than 3 years, (has lapsed and not been extended within a period of three years) it will be terminated and the log in removed. Once a student has passed the assessment their course is complete and their access terminated.
- Students will retain log in information until they have completed the course and received the relevant certificate.
- Students must have access to the internet and email to complete the course.
- The course will run on windows based systems and Apple Mac. Most systems both of which will already be able to run ‘Flash active graphics’, however, this will automatically download when you start the course if you do not already have it. Students will also need to provide a plotter, dividers, 2B pencils and paper.
- Under Our cancellation policy you can cancel your purchase up to 14 days from the day of delivery of the student pack. The pack must be complete, unopened and in an ‘as new’ condition. All materials must be returned. Access to the online course material is terminated immediately. A refund will be made less a £30 administration fee. The cost of returning the student pack will be payable by the student. You will not be able to claim a refund if the course material has been damaged or if you have no proof of purchase.
- Students should be at the correct level for the course being taken. No previous experience is required to take the Day Skipper theory course, Day skipper level theory or equivalent is required for the Coastal/Yachtmaster theory and Coastal/Yachtmaster theory or equivalent is required before taking the RYA Ocean theory.
- We will provide online, telephone and/or Skype/Facetime back up as required by each student and every endeavour will be made to help students achieve their aims.
- We will not disclose information about students unless we are legally obliged to do so or a student has agreed in writing in advance.
- By enrolling you confirm that we may hold necessary business information about you including your name, address, course booking, payment and course record.
- All dealings, correspondence and contact between us and you shall be made or conducted in the English language.
- Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of course information. However, we cannot accept any liability for errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the course content. We continuously improve the course content and we do welcome any feedback from students which improve the quality of the course.
- All online material has been written and is under copyright to Vic and Lyn Punch.
- No part of the online documents can be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise) or for any purpose, without the express written permission of Vic and Lyn Punch. Course material should be treated as for any copyrighted material.
By booking this course you are agreeing to the above Navathome terms and conditions.
You will be tutored/supported by an experienced RYA (Discovery Sailing) instructor working on behalf of Navathome.com.